Artwork: “Captain Cosmo’s Corn Flakes” by The Estrella Moon Workshop ©
As the universe is so unimaginably enormous, it can sometimes feel as though you are not getting the attention that you feel you deserve. So, in the meantime, Lets investigate how earthlings can bridge that gap, and make friends with the universe.
Congratulations to October’s winners who each receive an Alcorian invisibility cloak. The winning entries are;
- ‘If you want to boldly go where no one has gone before… try the toilets on Starbase Delta 7, they stink!’ – Number 2 of the Battlestar Colonica as provided by Lynda Di Dopro
- ‘Inconvenienced by changing your underwear on a daily basis? Save both time, energy and thought by dressing in seven pairs of socks and pants on a Sunday night, and then simply peeling one layer off at the end of each night until Saturday. Not only do you save valuable time, but your wash basket and underwear draw hinges get used less.’ – Captain Smirk of the Starship Improvise as provided by R G Walsh
- ‘Try not to blow yourself up.’ – Adam Atom of The Quantum States as provided by John-Paul Matin
- ‘It is common courtesy to pay for the hire of a time machine in advance.’ – The Time Travellers’ Society as provided by The Phantom Poet
- ‘If unsure of which appendage to shake when greeting a new race, always avoid the middle one.’ – Captain Ray Starbeam of the Starship Astra as provided by J R Hampton
- ‘He who lives by the ray gun, dies by the ray gun.’ – as provided by BERT the Artificially Intelligent Philosopher
Do you have any top tips for humanity?
If you have a tip for the Earth Apes, simply email it to me along with your cosmic name & part of the universe from which you reside, and I’ll naturally select the best ones to post at the next round of How to Make Friends with the Universe: Advice for Earth Apes.
Send your cosmic top tips for humanity to firstname.lastname@example.org in the body of the email.
- Try to limit your top tips to one line.
- Include your cosmic nom-de-plume and part of the Universe in which you reside – along with the name of who should be attributed to providing it.
- Keep it simple, so that the Earth apes can read it.
Next deadline: 2nd December 2016
Do you have an illustration, painting, photograph or electronic masterpiece that you would like to showcase?
Then why not send it along to email@example.com for consideration? Jpeg format desirable.
Include your name and any link to your personal website/blog.
A small remuneration will be deposited into your Interstellar account, which will be awaiting you when you finally learn how to leave your little planet and join the rest of the cosmic community.
Until next time, keep evolving!
*Polydandroid reserves the right to use your contribution in any future publication of this blog. Submission is taken as full acceptance. Copyright remains with the author/artist.