Artwork: “How to make Friends” by Poly Dandroid ©
As the universe is so unimaginably enormous, it can sometimes feel as though you are not getting the attention that you feel you deserve. So, in the meantime, let’s investigate how earthlings can bridge that gap, and make friends with the universe.
Congratulations to April’s winners who each win a free trip to the pleasure planet, Bijovian 3. The shuttle departs from Starbase Alpha Beta Supa in minus 4 cosmic days at 3200 hours. The winning entries are;
- ‘Social media users, feel your page is not getting enough attention? Simply post a picture of the last thing you ate online and watch the comments come rolling in!’ – by Deborah the ambidextrous digital watch of CyberWorld Industries Ltd as provided by Gibson J Adams
- ‘Sports fans, to avoid disappointment, only support the teams that win.’ – by Edwin the electric toothbrush of CyberWorld Industries Ltd as provided by Gibson J Adams
- ‘If you think that the advice is good, then it’s probably the wrong advice.’ – by Captain Picaridin of the Starship Chevette as provided by Vera Swift
- ‘If you don’t know what is in there, don’t put your head in it.” – by The Electric Landlady as provided by Saffron Waldon
- ‘If you want to get things done quickly, do them whilst holding in a wee.’ – by Doctor Whom the Time Traffic Warden as provided by Julien Roussel
- ‘Stop blaming yourself. No-one will notice.’ – by Rocky the Robot as provided by Camilla Fudge
- ‘Opening your mouth is always an option.’ – By the Great Vernon Equinox of the Galactic shopping centre as provided by Jenny Lively
Do you have any top tips for humanity?
If you have a tip for the Earth Apes, simply email it to me along with your cosmic name & part of the universe from which you reside, and I’ll naturally select the best ones to post at the next round of How to Make Friends with the Universe: Advice for Earth Apes.
Send your cosmic top tips for humanity to firstname.lastname@example.org in the body of the email.
- Try to limit your top tips to one line.
- Include your cosmic nom-de-plume and part of the Universe in which you reside – along with the name of who should be attributed to providing it.
- Keep it simple, so that the Earth apes can read it.
Next deadline: 1st June 2018
Do you have an illustration, painting, photograph or electronic masterpiece that you would like to showcase?
Then why not send it along to email@example.com for consideration? Jpeg format desirable.
Include your name and any link to your personal website/blog.
A small remuneration will be deposited into your Interstellar account, which will be awaiting you when you finally learn how to leave your little planet and join the rest of the cosmic community.
Until next time, keep evolving!
*Polydandroid reserves the right to use your contribution in any future publication of this blog. Submission is taken as full acceptance. Copyright remains with the author/artist.